• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does anyone have any exp using a Nikon Prostaff 16-48x 65mm scope (2 Viewers)

LMBird

I do not have a spotting scope and cannot afford to spend a lot of money on one. I was reading in the Audubon mag, the nikon prostaff 16-48x 65 scope received good ratings. Is there anyone out there using this scope or has used this scope and can tell me what they think about it?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren, this was my first scope and i loved it (used it for two years).It was all i could afford at the time and to be honest although i have upgraded to the ED glass scopes in normal everyday use i can't see any real difference in the view. It's lighter than it's big brothers so very easy to carry around. I don't think you will be disappointed with this scope and the 20x and 30x fixed E/P's are very bright to use if you can't get on with the zoom. (seen these going very cheap on e*ay in the states at the moment).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back