• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Excursion 8 x 28 vs Avian Lite - opinions please!! (1 Viewer)

annikins

Hi Everyone
I am thinking of buying the above , or possibly the Avian Lite 8 x 28 binos.( the Avians may be a UK brand name?)

I would welcome opinions on either or both of the above binos as to which is the better performer.
Thanks from
Annikins

Had a look at them today as I'm thinking about getting a small pair of bins when I'm travelling. Unfortunately, it was bright & sunny so it was hard to judge how well they'd perform in low light. I really liked the ergonomics as I find 8x20/25s a bit too small to handle. They wouldn't really slip into a shirt pocket, but would be ideal for a jacket pocket. Given the price point they seemed pretty sharp. I wouldn't consider them as my 'main' binoculars as an 8x32 of similar quality would be clearly better optically, but as a back-up I think they'd be OK,
John

I purchased an 8x28 excursion from eagle optics for $79 a couple of weeks ago to keep in the truck .They are not swaros but are a great value for the buck bin .They come with a really neat a 2 compartment case & a better strap than some $1000 dollar bins .
I,m pleased with mine .They look like a smaller pair of my 8x30 swaros .They even have nice attached caps.
Brian.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back