• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2012 List Going? (2 Viewers)

I had a few hours to kill in Hamburg on my way to Stockholm today so I visited the Ohlsdorf Cemetery and managed to get my target bird, which is also a lifer

374. Short-toed Treecreeper

that takes my life list to 899, wonder what number 900 will be...

today in Uppsala, Sweden:

375. Tree Sparrow

Really should have has this by now but they've become really scarce in the parts of the UK that I've been in this year. Nice to see a tame family flock right outside the Cathedral though!

Some warblers and flycatchers are starting to migrate through. This morning I added two new birds to my Year List. Both were also West Virginia state lifers.

217. Olive-sided Flycatcher
218. Pine Warbler

Dave

Nothing new for my USA list but got my Harris County list to 200 - something that I only managed last year in the third week of December.

Jeff

Fall migration is well underway. I saw ten species of wood-warblers this morning, one of which was a new bird for the year.

219. Palm Warbler

In addition, I added Bald Eagle to my West Virginia year list, which is now up to 173.

Dave

Sunday, Sept. 09

Finally back home, and back into running - so I got to a local park for the first time in more than four weeks. Migration certainly is beginning to be noticeable.

70. Green Heron
71. Green-winged Teal

I got a new 2012 Missouri Bird today. One I somehow missed in the spring.

252. Black-throated Green Warbler, Missouri Western State University Campus, Saint Joseph, Missouri.

So, my 2012 list reached 188 last week with the Great Skua at Cresswell pond.

And as it is the first time I have kept a list, I am quite excited about reaching 200 species for the year. I realise this is low compared to many, but I am truly amazed I have seen so many species. My UK 2012 list is 143, so I think 150 for the UK is achievable... the question is whether I can get 7 more UK species (and 12 more in total) before the end of the year...having realised as the year goes on that it is a case of diminishing returns!

Had a very frustrating long day's birding around Denver. It's good to be back in Texas, where birds are everywhere all the time!

I was hoping for at least 15 new-for-year species but added only:
318. Marsh Wren
319. Pygmy Nuthatch
320. California Gull
321. Western Grebe
322. Black-billed Magpie
323. Western Meadowlark
324. Ring-necked Pheasant

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back