• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Batumi, Georgia, raptor count 2009 (1 Viewer)

temmie

I can't seem to make a new thread in the Europe section, so I do it here...

WHAT?
participating in THE biggest European raptor migration count, with days of 70-80.000 raptors.

WHEN?
between 15th of august and 15th of october, 2009. Free to come and go, but preferable period is 10 days or more. Busiest periods are first week of september, and last week of september.

What we offer:
- free accomodation and transport to the migration stations,
- good (and cheap) food,
- the company of many enthousiastic birders,
- couleur locale,
- all the information about Kaukasian endemics and birding hotspots in Georgia,
- excellent views and photographic opportunities of the biggest variety (in species, age, sexe and numbers) of harriers, eagles and falcons in Europe,
- the best way to vastly improve your raptor knowledge in the field,
- more raptors than you will ever be able to count or determine...;)

Who we are:
A bunch of Belgian, Dutch, German, Armenian and Georgian birders with the main target of revealing the whole potential of Batumi as a major raptor migration hotspot.

Any more information:
www.freewebs.com/batumiraptorcount
batumiraptorcount at gmail dot com

kind regards,
Lieven, on behalf of the batumiraptorcount2009 B :)

It's time to kick this topic!

Subscribing is only possible in august and october, september is allready fully booked. You can read about the project on the website http://www.freewebs.com/batumiraptorcount/participatein2009.htm

This year we have funds to cover some expenses, like part of the transport, and all food included! So this is not the "I'll take all your money and you are my volunteer project"! Don't miss some of the very best raptor migration in the old continent, in a great country with some mind-like people...This is really pioneering work, and we are determined to show the world that Batumi is the very best raptor migration point in numbers and species after Veracruz, Mexico. Forget about Gibraltar, the Bosporus and (hopefully o:D ) even Eilat...

All applications and questions can go to batumiraptorcount at gmail dot com
cheers,
Lieven, posting on behalf of the Batumi raptor count organisation 2009
B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back