• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can camera lenses be refitted for another camera? (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Not for me but for a friend. She's got some older, in very good shape lenses and was wondering if they can be refitted to fit the new cameras. If so, where would she go and is the price of doing so worth it. Thanks

B&H Photo here in the U.S. they have many adapters available to fit just about any older lens to newer camera bodies. You will lose some functionality like auto focus to name one. Have used a FotoDiox adapter for a Minolta Rokkor lens on my Canon camera and purchased it from B&H and quite happy with it.

phil

Thanks very much Phil. I'll pass this on to her as she is a B&H tried and true customer, thanks to me ;)

What camera body and what lenses does she have? Some mirrorless interchangeable cameras have the focus peaking function that enables quick and precise acquisition of optimum focus for manually-focused lenses.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back