• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trump is going to withdraw USA from Paris climate agreement (1 Viewer)

Swamp?
How abouts we find out what happened to Bernie advocate and DNC operative, Seth Rich, murdered in July '15.
He was a supposed theft victim, with nothing stolen from his person...watch, phone, wallet, etc.

He was the purported Wikileaks source which doomed HRC due to her corruption and media collusion, and he ended up outlined in chalk--literally.

I know, I know, all conspiracy theories; just like, 'the Muslims are coming, the Muslims are coming." Unfortunately we see how that is playing out in UK. And sadly it's likely just getting started.

+1 :t:

It's abundantly obvious that Trump's policies on the environment - dismembering legislation, hamstringing agencies that might blow the whistle on pollution, attacking the providers of scientific evidence, etc., etc - are a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune. Remind me, how much were the 22 senators who wrote a letter to Trump urging him to dump the Paris agreement bribed - sorry, given - by oil, gas and coal companies in recent years? $10m wasn't it? I had precious little time for Clinton but that shouldn't blind us to the fact that the "swamp", far from being drained, is just growing deeper. With every day that passes, it's more a case of conspiracy fact than theory ...

+1 :t:

Trump could have been the great white hope - a leader not a politician - someone who could navigate the future sustainably, and with real vision - someone who could dismantle the political elite, who could reign in government waste, and introduce business efficiencies to the streamlined bureaucracy. Someone who could leverage and develop emerging clean technologies into sustainable business prosperity .....

Sadly, all he is doing is draining the swamp and replacing it with a peat bog. Tackling complex issues with a simplistic, impatient, and hardly visionary approach. Way too many babies thrown out with the bathwater. Too many balls in the air and no real idea of what the game is and how it affects anyone not in his personal sphere ....

An opportunity lost already, and the vitriol and hatred spewed forth from the left (as exemplified here on BF too unfortunately) only confirming the very reason they lost, and are still unfit to govern.

Chosun :gh:

I'll wait for any shred of proof to the above statement. Oh wait, they'll be none.

Conservation in the Trumpocene, post 92. I could dig for more but don't want to have to take another shower.

Shame on you for not having the courage of your convictions!

Last edited:
. . .the vitriol and hatred spewed forth from the left (as exemplified here on BF too unfortunately).

As opposed to what, the snorts and gurgles and vacuities from you and litebeam (and I do mean vacuities, your signature genre!)? And from our side, not hatred so much as deep deep contempt.

Last edited:
As opposed to what, the snorts and gurgles and vacuities from you and litebeam (and I do mean vacuities, your signature genre!)? And from our side, not hatred so much as deep deep contempt.

Aha!! so you do have a side!

Haha, Soz, not biting on your stale ol' bait .....

Personally I'd be very reticent to join any party that would have me ..... so please don't try to pigeon hole me.

America has spoken. Sure does seem to be some very deep contempt (or worse!) from "your" side ..... http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=3570629&postcount=206

Not something I find appealing, and as I said, "only confirming the very reason they lost, and are still unfit to govern."

Aha!! so you do have a side!

Of course I have a 'side', the side of decency, rationality, commonsense and political process, with no yearning whatsoever for a Fuhrer to lead us to the promised land as you so evidently have. You and litebeam make an odd couple, BTW: New Age fascist, redneck nativist.

Last edited:
Of course I have a 'side', the side of decency, rationality, commonsense and political process, with no yearning whatsoever for a Fuhrer to lead us to the promised land as you so evidently do. You and litebeam make an odd couple, BTW: New Age fascist, redneck nativist

LOL !! :-O

There you go with that pigeon hole again .... I think you'd have more luck trying to shove a reality check in a closed Poltical Elite's mind ....:cat:

Did make me heartily laugh though, so :t:

LOL !! :-O

There you go with that pigeon hole again .... I think you'd have more luck trying to shove a reality check in a closed Poltical Elite's mind ....:cat:

Did make me heartily laugh though, so

Ah, gurgles & snorts not just from litebeam but from you as well! You 2 grow more alike; litebeam also "LOLs" & "heartily laughs" a lot when at a loss for an effective reply. And you pigeon-hole yourself, I'm afraid, with your empty cliche-ridden babble and obsession with a charismatic leader to save us poor mortals from our messy politics.

Last edited:
Trump is increasingly irrelevant, many business and local leaders in the USA understand the threat of climate change and will act without the federal government.

Ah, gurgles & snorts not just from litebeam but from you as well! You 2 grow more alike; litebeam also "LOLs" & "heartily laughs" a lot when at a loss for an effective reply. And you pigeon-hole yourself, I'm afraid, with your empty cliche-ridden babble and obsession with a charismatic leader to save us poor mortals from our messy politics.
Oh dear |^| you should have just copped that one on the chin :t: ..... the only reason I LOL'd is because you've gone so far left of centre that I'm afeared you've rather comically fallen clear off the edge! |<| too wrapped up in the self-righteous bubble of elitism to have any inkling of the slapstick you're providing - hey Moe - woo woot whoop woo woo whoo! :-O

I don't know where you get you're mail from, but the Marlboro Man died yesterday - I'm not looking for any sort of charismat, let alone obsessed by one .... just a leader that is not above the people, and competent will do. |:p|

Sorry to spoil your little rounding up of the 'enemies of the state' party, but you'd have to get up a lot earlier to catch this little black duck - I'll remain free and unfettered and loving it! thanks very much o:)

In fact it would probably roundly freak the livin' bejayzus outta ya to know that we are on the same page when it comes to Trump's simplistic binary good/bad black/white view of a complex world ..... :eek!:

It would be interesting to swap him with Alec Baldwin for a week or two - I don't think anyone would really notice ..... 3:)

Your silence on more meaty matters indicates implicit obsequiescence to what is tantamount to Presidential assassination when the electoral result doesn't go to script - far darker than just throwing the toys out of the cot. Anyway, I've seen nothing here to convince me that the Liberals are any more fit to govern today than they were yesterday. So I will leave you to your 'trumped' up erroneous character labels and judgements of us. Like a poor tabloid you don't need anyone of dissimilar views to actually converse with - you're quite capable of fabricating both sides yourself! ;)

Last edited:
Trump is increasingly irrelevant, many business and local leaders in the USA understand the threat of climate change and will act without the federal government.
Trump's right - it was a bad deal - completely ineffectual. It is probably helpful to realize that Trump's good/bad declarations are merely the opening gambit in his view of the 'deal'. Whilst it is no doubt good press for his hardcore supporters, he himself has flagged that he is open to renegotiate the whole kit and kaboodle.

Trump could have been the great white hope - a leader not a politician - someone who could navigate the future sustainably, and with real vision - someone who could dismantle the political elite, who could reign in government waste, and introduce business efficiencies to the streamlined bureaucracy. Someone who could leverage and develop emerging clean technologies into sustainable business prosperity .....

Sadly, all he is doing is draining the swamp and replacing it with a peat bog. Tackling complex issues with a simplistic, impatient, and hardly visionary approach. Way too many babies thrown out with the bathwater. Too many balls in the air and no real idea of what the game is and how it affects anyone not in his personal sphere ....

An opportunity lost already, and the vitriol and hatred spewed forth from the left (as exemplified here on BF too unfortunately) only confirming the very reason they lost, and are still unfit to govern.
I really have to +1 this, at least how I interpret it, which is: Trump sucks, and those who didn't vote for him haven't acted any better since he lost, which means Americans would have lost either way.

We really need to stop (like I did long ago) voting for awful candidates just to spite another awful candidate because Trump is the end result of that kind of polarized thinking.

Now granted, I still find the "liberal" media more sensible and less vitriolic (there really is a tone difference between democrats and republicans and it's...creepy) but that doesn't mean they don't take cheap shots all the time rather than taking the high ground, which disgusts me.

No candidate in my lifetime has represented me, since I don't feel represented by rich political elites from either major party who spend my tax dollars poorly, inefficiently, and selfishly. Democrats anger me, republicans scare me, most third parties can't seem to tie their own shoelaces, and none of them have any notion of the words "practical" and "budget."

And really, our system failed (yes, I do mean past-tense...it failed a few election cycles ago) when "compromise" and "center-leaning" became taboo in politics.

I really have to +1 this, at least how I interpret it, which is: Trump sucks, and those who didn't vote for him haven't acted any better since he lost, which means Americans would have lost either way.

We really need to stop (like I did long ago) voting for awful candidates just to spite another awful candidate because Trump is the end result of that kind of polarized thinking.

Now granted, I still find the "liberal" media more sensible and less vitriolic (there really is a tone difference between democrats and republicans and it's...creepy) but that doesn't mean they don't take cheap shots all the time rather than taking the high ground, which disgusts me.

No candidate in my lifetime has represented me, since I don't feel represented by rich political elites from either major party who spend my tax dollars poorly, inefficiently, and selfishly. Democrats anger me, republicans scare me, most third parties can't seem to tie their own shoelaces, and none of them have any notion of the words "practical" and "budget."

And really, our system failed (yes, I do mean past-tense...it failed a few election cycles ago) when "compromise" and "center-leaning" became taboo in politics.

So, you just didn't vote the "last few cycles"?

Mrs. Clinton turned out to be an ineffective candidate but would have made a competent middle-of-the-road president much along the lines of her predecessor. Among many many other differences with the horror presently in the White House, she would have strengthened environmental protections not dismantled them wholesale. Do you disagree?

One reason why Elon Musk was so pissed off by Trump pulling out of Paris Accord:

"This is even more important because Trump is espousing opinions and measures which might actually produce material negatives for Tesla. Disregarding global warming will certainly lead to attacking incentives whose objective is to reduce CO2 emissions. Those ongoing incentives are all key to Tesla's business. They include things like the $7,500 per car tax credit for purchasing EVs, the ZEV credits across several US States or the solar ITC credit."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...of=45&utoken=5e889a05ec99589920aced78a0f26c01

One reason why Elon Musk was so pissed off by Trump pulling out of Paris Accord:

"This is even more important because Trump is espousing opinions and measures which might actually produce material negatives for Tesla. Disregarding global warming will certainly lead to attacking incentives whose objective is to reduce CO2 emissions. Those ongoing incentives are all key to Tesla's business. They include things like the $7,500 per car tax credit for purchasing EVs, the ZEV credits across several US States or the solar ITC credit."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...of=45&utoken=5e889a05ec99589920aced78a0f26c01

Of course, the bottom line rules. Just one of the reasons businessmen make such lousy presidents.

Of course I have a 'side', the side of decency, rationality, commonsense and political process, with no yearning whatsoever for a Fuhrer to lead us to the promised land as you so evidently have. You and litebeam make an odd couple, BTW: New Age fascist, redneck nativist.

Fuhrer....laffin. Ain't buyin' your hypocritical sh*te, Fugs.

This from the side of black masks, quelled free speech, destroyed property and those who are routinely beating others. Hell, the worst of them are educators!

If the Antifa hypocrites (your side) bring their brand of politics to our small town they'll limp home.
We're peaceful, law-abiding folk, but won't stand for your brand of violent rationality.
Lying scumbags, and don't think the American people haven't noticed, it is why we have Trump to begin with; own it, snowflake.

This is your example of hatred? This is it?! Hilarity ensues.... Go back and try again.

I could say the same thing to any of you blokes regarding anything U.S-related.
No doubt I'd hear about real-time news flow about our country, albeit from a largely corrupt media.

I live 2000 miles from my beloved Chicago--born, raised and educated there.
But that city is Beirut circa 1985 these days. I don't see any of it, but I'm not naive enough to believe that Chicago isn't an absolute violent cesspool these days.

No. Do your own homework, or disregard my assertions. The back-story in Sweden is the cover-up on what is actually going on and you've obviously made up your mind. I won't waste a second beyond this screed.

"Bigotry"...
The last bastion of the impotent, label one a racist or bigot.
We're a country of immigrants, a melting pot. "Welcome" has been our motto for 200+ years. We aren't bigots, nor am I. Like most countries we have RULES to enter.
We had a chance to help these refugees by establishing safe-zones in Syria.
Obama blew that chance with his ridiculous 'red line' rhetoric, he simply didn't care to actually deal with the situation.
It is why we had Syrians being dropped off at street corners in Boise, Idaho with no clue about anything. These poor people didn't even want to be here and many still want to return home! 91% are now on welfare with no prospect of self-fulfillment. Sad is an understatement.

Trying to articulate these things with pompous elitists who may very likely welcome things like Sharia law with it's abhorrant cultural nuances such as genital mutilation is a waste of my time.

I noticed you completely avoided the Canadian information I provided. B :)

Last edited:
So, you just didn't vote the "last few cycles"?
I voted the last four elections. Freely admit I waffle between apathy (or simply no one suitable to vote for...so more "none of the above"), finding an interesting candidate, and being poked into being more involved due to how horrible an incumbent is.

Mrs. Clinton turned out to be an ineffective candidate but would have made a competent middle-of-the-road president much along the lines of her predecessor. Among many many other differences with the horror presently in the White House, she would have strengthened environmental protections not dismantled them wholesale. Do you disagree?
I'll agree she was a bit more corrupt and dishonest version of "more of the same" but I'm way beyond letting that be the reason I choose to vote for someone. I voted third party...much to my surprise I found some interest in the Conservative/Libertarian side of things this last time around. Maybe because they seemed more centrist and balanced than other options? To be honest, if Bernie had have toned it down and taken the Green Party up on their offer, I might have gone that way (though the anti-vac stuff was bothering me). I just knew Clinton and Trump were off the table almost from the get go the more I looked into all the options.

I voted the last four elections. Freely admit I waffle between apathy (or simply no one suitable to vote for...so more "none of the above"), finding an interesting candidate, and being poked into being more involved due to how horrible an incumbent is.

I'll agree she was a bit more corrupt and dishonest version of "more of the same" but I'm way beyond letting that be the reason I choose to vote for someone. I voted third party...much to my surprise I found some interest in the Conservative/Libertarian side of things this last time around. Maybe because they seemed more centrist and balanced than other options? To be honest, if Bernie had have toned it down and taken the Green Party up on their offer, I might have gone that way (though the anti-vac stuff was bothering me). I just knew Clinton and Trump were off the table almost from the get go the more I looked into all the options.

What was it about Clinton's platform that you found so objectionable? Good, solid, middle-of-the-road stuff from beginning to end as far I could see (though personally I would've preferred someone further to the left). Myself, I always vote for the lesser of two evils; to do otherwise opens the door to the truly evil, as we learned to our cost last election.

With you on the anti-vac nonsense, BTW, not that I would have thrown away my vote on the Greens in any case.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back