• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Oman (1 Viewer)

joray

My camera and a book,
these two things were all it took,
for a man to leave his wife
and choose a more aesthetic life.
He rises early every day,
leaving me to browse the hours away.
Birding sites at my fingertips,
while he returns with cracked and bleeding lips.
Now its a joke
'Cos MY cameras' broke!
He bought a better one with a real long lenses,
and binoculars to cheer me up...well that depends!

Expat New Zealanders enjoying the balmy Arabian coast and lots of interesting birds. While Steve is more interested in photography, Jo is more interested in the birds she has to ID after every session. Having seen a few unusual birds lately has sealed our fate. Looking forward to being part of the community

Steve & Johanna Raynor

Hiya, are you on Simon Tulls email list for bird sightings in Oman?

I'm up the road in Dubai but read it with interest.

Hi Steve and Joanna and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

No, haven't linked up yet. Used to get one for the UAE but living in Karama wasn't encouraging for bird watching so never paid it much attention.
Was there 7 years. Just 6months here and we're hooked, maybe its the Lichensteins sandgrouse in the backyard!
Would appreciate the contact details of you want to email them to me. Mostly I use Jens & Hanne Eriksens site for ID's but always glad for any help.
regards
Johanna

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back