• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sora & Clapper Rail---two lifers for me! (1 Viewer)

Candice

Visited Panama City, Florida, USA on a 2nd wedding anniversary and stayed at a Marriot Resort. It was great. The best part was I saw my first Sora (twice) and 4 Clapper Rails!

Hi Candice, what a great sighting..did you have fun on your anniversary trip..other than seeing great 'new' sightings that is...
Just wanted to say hi...I also post on another birding forum..think you do too.

By the way, another member from the other birding site just joined up yesterday.
I have been a member since Jan. but have not been able to get a little more active here till now..Great site..but having a little bit of ignorant computer knowledge standing in my way..this is a bigger site and a little confusing to me yet.

Candice,

What does your better half thing about you going off birding on your wedding anniversary:)? My wife, who is not such an avid birder as I am (or would fanatic be a better word), would probably cut off certain body parts if I did that! Having said that, Sora and Clapper Rail, neither of which I have ever seen, might almost be worth it!

Hanno, you must be a "fanatic". ;0)...... I like my birds... but,,,,
up to a point!!!!

Welcome Candice and nesting4. You picked the best forum to join! There's a lot of information to digest here, and neat how the world of birding meets here 24 hours a day! Check out the Gallery for "knock your socks off" photos, images of our feathered friends. The Forum has numerous topic's that will spark your interest from far reaching places and right in your own back yard!
Enjoy !!!

hi Candice, I missed your 'say hello' post, but would like to congratulate you on two fantastic life birds (and your two year anniversary) Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate to me. My hubby and I spent part of our honeymoon birding and many anniversaries enjoying the ourdoors ever since. Nature has a way of bringing out the best in things :loveme:

Ps- welcome aboard nesting :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back