• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frenchman Bay Cruise this weekend (1 Viewer)

rcbirds

Hello All,

I'm heading to Acadia National Park this weekend and I was thinking of checking out the Frenchman Bay Cruise out of Bar Harbor. What types of birds do you think I could expect if I go on it this weekend? puffins, possibly? or Kittiwakes?

Thanks,
RCbirds

Hi Rc
Should be all the warblers, stacks of them , last year the Seawal campground area and, sur de mount, was awesome for warblers. Otter cliff should have a spectacular view straight down at guillemot on the cliffs. Peregrine nest there.
Puffins probably not unless you take a boat trip.Michael Good is an excellent and good price bird guide in this area for a short or long trip but always worth it.
Michael Good
150 Knox Road
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
207-288-8128
[email protected]
I also enjoyed very much , the Wendell Gilley Bird carving museum.
Good Luck,
Have fun.
Lenny Warren
Birds-n-Such
Orr's Island,
Maine

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back