• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is wrong with the Chinese! (1 Viewer)

I was talking about this to my wife earlier, and she was asking me why the Chinese seem to have no qualms about animal suffering/cruelty... I had no answer. Actually, I do have an answer... it's their culture. It's how they've been raised - I'd guess that they feel the same way about most animals as most people feel about Vermin. But this isn't all Chinese people, just a proportion of the billion or so population - but that proportion is a large enough number to have a huge effect worldwide.

But to be fair, it's not just the Chinese, Dogs are seen as "unclean" in some Asian countries, Puppies are skinned alive in others. Mice are experimented on in most. The Chinese just add a Mystical/Healing element to it, but the end result is the same. We can do what we want, as long as we can justify doing it in some way - like Religion/Healing/The Common Good.

So it's the Human Race, not just the Chinese, and much of the Human Race doesn't care what China is doing, and those that do care can do nothing about it. Even the USA has little, if any, influence with China... so what can the rest of us do?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back