• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory SF 8x42 (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the Birdforum. There are many tethered covers that should fit.

I would try Eagle Optics, they are very helpful, and should be able to help.
I got a Vortex model from them, that fits nicely, on a different binocular.

Jerry

A company called Butler Creek also makes flip-up covers similar to the ones in NDhunter's post. They can often be found at the larger outdoor sports retailers such as Gander Mtn, Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc..

If none of those retailer are near you, then Eagle Optics is just as good as any to order from.......

A company called Butler Creek also makes flip-up covers similar to the ones in NDhunter's post. They can often be found at the larger outdoor sports retailers such as Gander Mtn, Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc..

If none of those retailer are near you, then Eagle Optics is just as good as any to order from.......

I would not recommend those flip covers, too cumbersome.
JMHO.

Jerry

I would not recommend those flip covers, too cumbersome.
JMHO.

Jerry

Well -- considering the OP asked for flip-up covers, and Butler Creek flip-up's fit *exactly* like the Vortex flip-up's, and operate *exactly* like the Vortex flip-up's, and do the same *exact* same thing as the Vortex flip-up's, one can only conclude that you have no actual experience with what the OP is asking for.

Eagle Optics was a bust. I use butler creek caps on my rifle scopes but because the outside diameter of the lens isn't a perfect circle I doubt they would work.

I recommended a typical rubber tethered objective cover. They fit perfectly on my
Conquest HD 10x42. The problem with the SF, is the shallow depth between the
rim and the frame, a tethered style will not work well, and neither would a flip cap.

So, that is how I see it.

Jerry

Here is what I did, mine came with only one string tether, so I added another on the other side
out of thin black cord. It works, not many alternatives for objective covers for the SF.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN1133.JPG
    DSCN1133.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 237
Here is what I did, mine came with only one string tether, so I added another on the other side
out of thin black cord. It works, not many alternatives for objective covers for the SF.

Jerry

That looks good...

It's gotten to where if I have the FL, HT, or Conquest HD out...all with those similar objective/eyepiece covers....I just take 'em off and leave them in the case.

Yikes! So many dangly bits on that bin, probably ought to wear big gold hoop earrings while viewing to even things out.

--AP

Yikes! So many dangly bits on that bin, probably ought to wear big gold hoop earrings while viewing to even things out.

--AP

Alexis, I agree that photo does make things look very busy. ;)

As you may notice, I have some quick straps, to allow a change to a harness very easy.

I find a ocular cover tethered with a cord is much better than attached
to the strap. And as mentioned, if you switch things, this is the way
to do that.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back