• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Great Day at Floyd Lamb Park (1 Viewer)

dave598

United States
The RedRock Audubon Society had it's monthly bird walk out at Floyd Lamb Park today and it was a blast. Added a couple of Life List Birds and got a great up close look at a Cooper's Hawk today.

We saw 35 birds and we heard 2 that we hunted and hunted for but could not find them.

1. Canada Goose
2. American Wigeon
3. Mallard
4. Cinnamon Teal
5. Ring-necked duck
6. Bufflehead
7. Hooded Merganser
8. Common Merganser
9. Rudy Duck
10. Gambel's Quail (Heard only but did not see them.)
11. Pied-billed Grebe
12. Neotropic Cormorant
13. Double-crested Cormorant
14. Great Egret
15. Black Crowned Night Heron
16. Turkey Vultures (Saw Six of them circling in the dunes and trails area)
17. Coopers Hawk (Was just sitting in a tree watching us.)
18. American Coot
19. Rock Pigeon
20. Eurasian Collared-Dove
21. Mourning Dove
22. Burrowing Owl (Saw a maiting pair at one of the burrows)
23. Anna's Hummingbird
24. Ladder Backed Woodpecker
25. Black Phoebe
26. Common Raven (Saw two of them flying Northwest over the dunes)27. Verdin
28. Northern Mockingbird
29. Phainopepla (male and female)
30. Lucy's Warbler (Heard this bird but could not find it)
31. Yellow-rumped Warbler
32. Yellow-rumped Warbler Audubon's
33. White-Crowned Sparrow
34. Great Tailed Grackle
35. House Finch
36. Lesser Goldfinch
37. Americab Goldfinch (Saw a pair of them)

Now question for everybody if you hear a bird and ID it does it count for the life list?

Have a read through this thread, and make your own mind up :t:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=339368

Watch out, it's 5 pages long :-O

Actually it is 7 pages long at the time I am reading it.

The RedRock Audubon Society is also doing a bird call only series this year and next. I hear all the birds and I love the songs and sounds. I think I will add them to my list but I will notate that I only heard the bird I did not see the bird. The one that I am questioning is the LUCY'S WARBLER and that would be a life list bird. I will add it but with the notation that it was heard only.

Our Walk Leader today Rita is great and has been a fixture with the RedRock Audubon Society for many years. Even the Chapter President defers to her.

Thank you Nutcracker for your help with this and pointing me in the right direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back