• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Help A Final Year Student (1 Viewer)

K.E.G.118

Please delete if not appropriate...
Hi, I am a final year university student at Harper Adams University in Telford. For my dissertation, I am doing an investigation into the public perception of keeping captive birds of prey for domestic purposes. I am aiming to formulate a survey aimed at people involved in the falconry world and the general public to investigation suitability of owning birds of prey. I want to investigate into the purpose of keeping birds of prey whether it be for hunting/leisure purposes and people’s perception behind the ethics and welfare.
It would be helpful for as many people as possible to complete my survey with their honest opinion even if your knowledge is limited. If anyone
experienced knowledge in regards to useful literature, it would be very helpful in writing an extensive report.
Many thanks,
Katie

https://harper-adams.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/an-investigation-into-the-public-perception-of-keeping-cap

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

PLEASE NOTE that Falconry is not discussed on this Forum because we are all about wild birds and nature. NOT captive birds.

I would suggest you do a google search for "falconry forums' to come up with the proper venue.

We would, however, love to see you back discussing the wild birds you come upon ;)

Umm... although we don't discuss falconry, and I approve of that, contributing to this chap's work would be a valid expression of BF's population's attitudes to it so I assume you are going to leave this up?

Cheers

John

Umm... although we don't discuss falconry, and I approve of that, contributing to this chap's work would be a valid expression of BF's population's attitudes to it so I assume you are going to leave this up?

Cheers

John

Agreed, have also completed survey.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back