• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New product at Swarovski European Launch Tour (1 Viewer)

Given that they've presently forfeited the premium compact pocket roof market to Leica and Zeiss, it would make more sense to me that they come out with something very small in the near future. How about a 7x20 with flat field and superb ergonomics?! Failing that, I'd like to see the 8.5x42 EL SV updated with variable-ratio focus. C'mon Swarovski!

--AP

Let us make a guess:a new twin telescope based on the atx scopes.
Just refering to the old highly collectable twins 30x75.
This for an estimated price level of 4999€
Definitely not a new or improved slc or fieldpro

Last edited:
I would second Gilmore Girl about a new SLC.

I find that very strange that the SLC 10x56 and 15x56 W B are not available
to order anymore on the European Swarovski website, whatever the country selected.

The 8x56 is still available though.
So maybe a 12x50 or 12x56?

Either that or "something" with a stabilizer, I think.

Hermann

Could be or an even bigger TX module to give higher powers than the current 95mm objective.

Strangely my original link seems to have disappeared but here's a cached copy:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....spx?id=tcm:9-433700+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

This "Launch" gives a new insight to the post from Den mid April named "New Swarovski 8 to 12x zoom binoculars?" :

I just completed a marketing questioner for Swarovski in which a lot of the questions asked if I would prefer an 8 to 12 x zoom binocular over a traditional 10x if they were a little heavier in weight. This makes me wonder if they are not considering making an 8 to 12x zoom binocular. If they were good optically and weighed around 33 oz. I would definitely be interested.

So what would it be then?
If the SLC 10x56 and 15x56 are "gone" and not the 8x,
the new product would be what?

An SLC 10-15 x 56 ?

This "Launch" gives a new insight to the post from Den mid April named "New Swarovski 8 to 12x zoom binoculars?" :

So what would it be then?
If the SLC 10x56 and 15x56 are "gone" and not the 8x,
the new product would be what?

An SLC 10-15 x 56 ?

why-my leica 10+15x50 is a very good,
but not very popular
is there an unseen market?

edj

EDJ
If the new Swaro was a true zoom ie smooth change of magnification all the way from 10x to 15x then it would be different from your Leica.

Lee

Would it not be quite expensive to coordinate two zoom lenses?
I'd love the idea, ideally a wide angle 6x zooming up to 12-15x, but wonder how feasible that would be.
A single zoom lens with a binoviewer at the end would be easier to make, but still not cheap. Plus it would probably be excommunicated by the birding community, which is skeptical of innovation.

Would it not be quite expensive to coordinate two zoom lenses?
I'd love the idea, ideally a wide angle 6x zooming up to 12-15x, but wonder how feasible that would be.
A single zoom lens with a binoviewer at the end would be easier to make, but still not cheap. Plus it would probably be excommunicated by the birding community, which is skeptical of innovation.

Yes I think you are right.
Somehow I don't see Swaro doing this.

Lee

.........../QUOTE]

Bigger sounds better, until one thinks of weight and transport through the fields;
does anyone know sale numbers between the 95, 85, 65mm options?

If the new Swaro was a true zoom ie smooth change of magnification all the way from 10x to 15x then it would be different from your Leica.

I think the problems of the Duovids are not so much the lack of smooth change of magnification, but rather their weight and narrow FOV.

.........../QUOTE]

Bigger sounds better, until one thinks of weight and transport through the fields;
does anyone know sale numbers between the 95, 85, 65mm options?

I don't know the figures, but here in Finland, nearly all of the ATX scopes I see in the field are the 95. My educated guess is that for every 65 or 85 they sell here they sell about 10 95's.

Kimmo

I think the problems of the Duovids are not so much the lack of smooth change of magnification, but rather their weight and narrow FOV.

Those are my complaints, along with cost;
but I think the benefits outweigh these issues.
Usually 10x is ok with raptors and shore birds
but sure is nice to have the 15x option.

edj

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back