• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nice to see Swallows back in Wales (1 Viewer)

Hi,
So good to see that swallows are arriving back. Just watched 7 fly over as I was having my breakfast looking out of the window at 9 goldfinches feeding on our feeders. There seem to be lots of goldfinches at the moment.
Yesterday morning I had 20 minutes spare to go for a quick walk "round the block" and after seeing the first 5 swallows of the year, heard a bit of a commotion from the waders( I live by a large estuary) was lucky enough to see a peregrine that had just taken one. I watched it land, wader still alive, before a second peregrine showed up ( they nest just along from where I live).
I left them to their breakfast.
Looking forward to many more spring visitors arriving, Mark in Sunny South Wales.

Hi,
So good to see that swallows are arriving back. Just watched 7 fly over as I was having my breakfast looking out of the window at 9 goldfinches feeding on our feeders. There seem to be lots of goldfinches at the moment.
Yesterday morning I had 20 minutes spare to go for a quick walk "round the block" and after seeing the first 5 swallows of the year, heard a bit of a commotion from the waders( I live by a large estuary) was lucky enough to see a peregrine that had just taken one. I watched it land, wader still alive, before a second peregrine showed up ( they nest just along from where I live).
I left them to their breakfast.
Looking forward to many more spring visitors arriving, Mark in Sunny South Wales.

Still not seen one yet Mark. The only birds I saw today with forked tails were 25+ Red Kites whilst driving around Carmarthenshire. Did see quite a few Sand Martins at Kenfig Pool on Sunday though.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back