• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama July 9th Harpy/Crested Eagle & Darien (1 Viewer)

geoff dobbs

Hull Valley Birder
Hi

I am going to to Panama for two weeks arriving from UK via Canada on Sunday July 9th. Flight booked.

I have arranged top guide Euclides Campos for this itinerary for one person, with my targets the two big eagles, but if anyone interested the itinerary can be modified and extended
If anyone (or two) would like to join me the price obviously comes down as a straight share of costs.

$3000 thousand dollars is price for one person to do Darien with Harpy and Crested included.
Include all hotels, food, transportation and guiding.
1 day. Transfer to Meteti..4 hours from Panama City.
2 Day. Crested Eagle and Dusky backed jacamar. Boat trip
3 day...Darien National Park for Harpy eagle
4 Day..Darien National Park darien specialties lowlands
5 day...Darien National Park....
6 day...transfer from Darien Park to Panama City.
7 day....option of flying back: ......

Including Nusagandi and Cerro Azul $3900.
6 day....Overnight in Torti.....
7 day...Nusagandi
8 day...Cerro Azul and hotel in Panama City
9 transfer to the airport..

I intend to do days 9-14 on my own with hire car, but if one or two others want to share costs, I would use Euclides who can guide for target species such as Glow-throated Hummer, Yellow-green Finch, Yellow-billed Cotinga and other endemics.

A visit to Pipeline road can be squeezed in or done separately after the tour ends.
Pirre ridge may be possibility if while in Darien NP but would extend that part of the tour and change costings

If interested, please message me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back