• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirmation sought N Devon (1 Viewer)

Any more photos?

The one on the right looks bigger, heavier-billed with horn-coloured legs, yellower underparts and lacks a super, so I'm wondering about Melodious W.

ID should be 100% certain before a ring is put on shouldn't it under BTO rules?

Last edited:
Am I missing something, but why are we trying to ID a bird from a photo which was in the hand anyway?

Last edited:
Am I missing something, but why are we trying to ID a bird from a photo which was in the hand anyway?

This was such an unlikely bird to turn up in North Devon at this time of year (although with what's happening all over the country I suppose anything's possible) that I thought I'd better ask the experts to ensure that we got it right. We ring in a small Devon Birds closed reserve (an ex-sewage works site) with a pretty bog standard (sorry!) selection of birds, I got quite excited when I saw a Wheatear there earlier this year!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back