• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovski adapter (1 Viewer)

best way of connecting AT80-HD to CP4500?

Hi there from Adelaide, South Australia!

On Saturday we had 44.3 degrees C, which was the hottest day for 65 years. Thought you'd like to know that ;-)

I've got Swarovski AT-80 HD & a Coolpix 4500.
I recently bought the Swarovski DCA (Digital Camera Adaptor) only to discover when it arrived that it doesn't fit the AT-80 eyepiece only the ATS-80 eyepieces.
If only I'd found this discussion thread earlier - I would have known it doesn't fit my eyepiece!

So, I've got to find some other alternative...

Is my eyepiece going to be OK (Swarovski 20-60 zoom) or should I get something like the Eagle-Eye digiscoping eyepiece?

I attach one half-decent photo that I could take with the Swarovski DCA, but it means I'm just using it as a glorified sunshield. I'm just hold the camera up
to the scope - not a whole lot of use.

What are you guys using that have the same gear (scope & camera) as me?

Has anyone there had the opportunity to try different adaptors?

It seems to me the main choices are

ScopeTronix MaxView-S (STMVS)
ScopeTronix 28mm to "T" Step Ring (STR28T)

or

LCE Digiscoping Adaptor for Coolpix
> Swarovski AT80 Zoom eye piece. SCE187/A3

or

EagleEye Digiscoping eyepiece
Swarovski adaptor
L5 adaptor for Coolpix 4500

While I'm frustrated in the extreme by the wait for the Swarovski DCA to arrive (several weeks) only to find it doesn't fit, I want to get the best connection.

Any advice is extremely welcome

Thanks

Philip

Attachments

• 20040206_Common_Greenshank_Greenfields_01.jpg
    20040206_Common_Greenshank_Greenfields_01.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 157
I use an Eagle eye adapter on my ATS80 with a 30x eyepiece, the internal fitting was for a Kowa but ive taken out the rubber insert a put a piece of inner tube back in, works better than on the Kowa but still akward to centralize.I have to remove the top of the eyepiece if i want to use the full zoom range on the camera(very easy to do,takes seconds).Was under the impression that if using the Swaro adapter with the 30x you dont have to remove the top of the eyepiece.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back