• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vacuum cleaning scope (1 Viewer)

Tord

In order to remove dust from the TS102 scope (which is tricky given the design and length) I used a vacuum cleaner. It worked really fine. Just make sure not to insert the nozzle too deep though, or risk is it will suck to the lens and probably leave a dirt mark that will be hard to get rid of. Therefore I made a "spacer" from a rigid stick tightly secured orthogonally to the vacuum cleaner nozzle.

Some vacuum cleaners have a vent to reduce the suction, which is a good idea if you don't have one with an adjustable motor. At some point I am going to have to attack my 400. The inside of the tube is nicely flocked and collects dust. Better there than on the glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back