• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Asahi Pentax 6x30 (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

I would like to know if anyone could point me in the direction of someone that does collimating and the like on older Porro Bins? I have two vintage pairs that might need a tune-up? Thanks, Bryce...

I'd suggest Suddarth Optical Repair in Oklahoma. They have a website than can be found by searching that name.

Sorry to be so brief. I have a very limited time for accessing the Internet.

Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird is a class outfit that treats customers right. My experiences as a purchaser have been great and the repair customers I know have been satisfied.

Hi Bob, Bill Cook has left Captains Nautical Supply, he posted this on Cloudy Nights. He now works for Ft. Lewis just south of Tacoma, WA. This would be Govt. work I would think.
Regards,Steve

Hello,

I have had at least seven Porro binoculars collimated or repaired by Cory. Only once did I have to return one for a slight adjustment. One was at least sixty years-old. His email address is [email protected]

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

I know this is an old thread but, thought it would be good to let others know how it went. I recieved today one of the Binoculars that I sent to Cory at Suddarth Optical Repair. It is a Pentax 8x30 vintage porro made in Japan. I recieved the glass in A++ condition. They guarantee it to arrive collimated! If not they will take care of shipping expenses and do it again! They took them apart cleaned, collimated and adjusted right eye diopter. I'm very happy to say they did an excellent job, can't wait to get the 6x30 & 7x50 back! These are all solid Japanese porro's that are very servicable and built really well! Highly recommend there service and thank you to those that originaly posted on this thread!!! Bryce...

Hi Bryce, I am glad you are happy with the service at Cory's. I have never sent anything there. Steve F post #3 has.
Regards,Steve

Cory did a superb job of re-collimating and lubricating my Zeiss Jena 8 x 50 Octarems; the binocular is now indistinguishable from new.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back