• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Supposing Santa brings you Bins..... (1 Viewer)

is it one of those dutch mountain bikes with stabilizers ? ;)
LOL! For going over speed-bumps on the streets of Amsterdam? No. It´s my first-ever MTB with front-suspension. Which I always despised. I´ll take out my binocular-collection on Christmas Day just to remind myself that I need more bins like I need some extra fingers. (Or bikes...)

Meanwhile I hope you all get the bins that you deserve. If you´ve been Good.....

(So what´s the bins equivalent of a Sack of Coal?)

LOL! For going over speed-bumps on the streets of Amsterdam? No. It´s my first-ever MTB with front-suspension. Which I always despised. I´ll take out my binocular-collection on Christmas Day just to remind myself that I need more bins like I need some extra fingers. (Or bikes...)

Meanwhile I hope you all get the bins that you deserve. If you´ve been Good.....

(So what´s the bins equivalent of a Sack of Coal?)

good !! GOOD !!!! i have been so good, ive got medals to prove it. 8-P as to the sack of coal, see my flaks. ;) xmas ? i will probably get a electric toothbrush - for my electric teeth.

Last edited:
good !! GOOD !!!! i have been so good, ive got medals to prove it. 8-P as to the sack of coal, see my flaks. ;) xmas ? i will probably get a electric toothbrush - for my electric teeth.
So what´s the story with the Flaks? Are they usable as observation binos? Amazing to think that when they were young, they may have seen B52´s and and Lancasters droning overhead.....are there many like them left in usable or repairable condition? Come to think of it, you can use them on Xmas Eve to watch out for Santa coming......

So what´s the story with the Flaks? Are they usable as observation binos? Amazing to think that when they were young, they may have seen B52´s and and Lancasters droning overhead.........

Where are the B52s?
Where?

Attachments

• O 77.jpg
    O 77.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88
So what´s the story with the Flaks? Are they usable as observation binos? Amazing to think that when they were young, they may have seen B52´s and and Lancasters droning overhead.....are there many like them left in usable or repairable condition? Come to think of it, you can use them on Xmas Eve to watch out for Santa coming......

hi sancho, yes they are very useable, very bright with a 70 degree fov. they might have clocked my dad, he flew short stirlings over germany 60 years ago and lived to tell the tale . some 300.00 to 350.000 were produced from about 1939 till 1945 they often turn up on ebay in all sorts of condition but the bits that go with them [ mounts, sights, containers, browrests, electrics etc, etc ] are hard to find, santa got clamped down the road last year so he is doing a fly past this year. ;)

Supposing Santa knows what´s on your Bino wish-list....

Last night I had a nightmare:
What if Santa has been hit hard by The Crisis, had to have Rudolph put down by the Vet, and is now on the run with all those gifts, .... and delivers Nothing this year?! :eek!:

The Unfortuneteller (aka: the Ghost of X-mess still to come)

Last night I had a nightmare:
What if Santa has been hit hard by The Crisis
Well, you could ask the Irish Government to re-capitalise him. They´ve just decided to give a Christmas Present to the Banks here....my pension. And they´re bailing out the Pig-Farmers who´ve been feeding dioxins to their pigs. So Santa and I have been in the wrong trades.....Banking and Pig-Farming is where it´s at. You screw up, the Government rewards you!

Well, Santa is bringing nothing but the tripid base, it is in our closet now. Costs as much as an iPod. iPOd for someone else.

If Santa could find a pair of Nikon E2s here in the US that would be a nice present to unwrap on Christmas morning.

tough one, I guess my top three that I'd like would be:

Nikon 8x32 SEs
Kowa Highlanders (the prominar ones) - would they fit down the chimney?
Leica 7x42 Ultravid HDs

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back