• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

interesting bit of landscape painting (1 Viewer)

Now that's cool! And incredibly convincing. I can't get my brain to see it as two dimensional at all.

I always wonder what these look like from the other end of the street, surely they'll only work if you're stood in the right place? Amazing stuff though, must be such hard work!

Saw a tv programme on Beever - very interesting, too. He sets up a point of view (through a digi camera, I think) and, as Chris points out, it's just about the only point at which the painting makes any sense.
Interesting link Ed.

Oh wow, on the website Mike posted it shows one of them viewed from the 'wrong' view pont. It's so weid and distorted, makes you wonder how on earth he judges what size everything should be!

Oh wow, on the website Mike posted it shows one of them viewed from the 'wrong' view pont. It's so weid and distorted, makes you wonder how on earth he judges what size everything should be!

He sets up a camera on a tripod and constantly refers back to that point of view, and he prays that it doesn't rain!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back