• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Edited Great tit shot (1 Viewer)

Just my opinion but i cant help feeling like that much editing is cheating a bit.

By the way i do think it would look better without the twig but thats all the more reason to enjoy getting out again and try and get an even better shot.

Hi Adam
yes I agree to a Pont but when you crop, and filter, adjust white balance, taking something out is different to adding something to a shot that was not there in the 1st place I would call that photo manipulation sum would call it art depending on the sort of photo, but I do appreciate your opinion
Hugh
http://hughsphotoshop.com/

as I had nothing to do I had a play,hope you don't mind,this is how I might offer it up,but not everyone see's what other's see,
"Great Tit under the chandelier",(spelling?)

Attachments

• DSC_8678%20E%202.jpg
    DSC_8678%20E%202.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 97
I like symmetry ;)

Seriously though, I share Adam W's viewpoint.

Attachments

• ET.jpg
    ET.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
i don't consider cloning "cheating" but i agree that paying more attention to composition in the first place would negate the need to clone.
Simply shifting position a bit before shooting might give you a cleaner shot, something to consider in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back