• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Ireland Local Patch (2 Viewers)

Thanks for directions. Had looked this morning but not there. Did however finally manage to find one of the Bewicks at Aghagallon and my first two Chiffchaff of the year.
Your pics meet the usual standard!

Thanks for directions. Had looked this morning but not there. Did however finally manage to find one of the Bewicks at Aghagallon and my first two Chiffchaff of the year.
Your pics meet the usual standard!

i was there this morning from 7.30 to 9.30 sorry i missed you . a single bird only visited the bush on three occasions during that time. if your interested 8 waxwings were seen at Peatlands park today

Didnt get to see them :(

However have heard the Chiffchaffs on the towpath at Portadown and spotted a few Dippers on the Cusher which was nice as well.

Going to have to concentrate on the Redwings and Waxwings next time around.

QC

Great photos again Mark - would love to see these:-C
Any idea how long you expect them to be hanging out at Peatlands?

Didnt get to see them :(

However have heard the Chiffchaffs on the towpath at Portadown and spotted a few Dippers on the Cusher which was nice as well.

Going to have to concentrate on the Redwings and Waxwings next time around.

QC

Great photos again Mark - would love to see these:-C
Any idea how long you expect them to be hanging out at Peatlands?

no idea , but they will only stay as long as there are berries to feed on, as soon as they are finished they will be gone

Gannets

Five Gannets working off Grey Point, Helen's Bay, Belfast Lough today. Appear to be feeding on herrings which have been in residence all winter. These birds have been around for a month now.

a few Black Guillemot shots from todays outings

Attachments

• Collages8-2.jpg
    Collages8-2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 24
  • black guilliemot1.jpg
    black guilliemot1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 21
  • black guilliemot3.jpg
    black guilliemot3.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 27
Conlig main reservoir 230 - 430
I had 2 singing chiff chaffs and a singing lesser whitethroat for those interested the lesser whitethroat was in a bush next to the small stream which runs into the main reservoir and a peacock butterfly

Good news on the lesser whitethroat..
The reservoir you mention how do you access it? I have been over a few times but was never sure how to get to it,the one area i saw was through the church car park and up the bank.

spyro you could go that way or come into the village from the entrance closer to bangor and take the 2nd road on your right when on the main street in the village drive down the road which looks more like a tarmaced track and there is another car park on your right then the reservoir is behind you hope this has helped il prob be up around there tm cheers john

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back