• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help...Advice? (1 Viewer)

cbgrfx

Hi - I have the Nikon Coolpix 5700 and I am thinking about getting the Swarovski ST 65 HD. What else do I need to purchase to start taking photos through this scope. Can someone recommend what already works well for them - adatpers and such.

Thanks!
Colleen

cbgrfx said:
Hi - I have the Nikon Coolpix 5700 and I am thinking about getting the Swarovski ST 65 HD. What else do I need to purchase to start taking photos through this scope.
Thanks!
Colleen

Another camera.
I really think you will be struggling with the cp5700, nice camera as it is, for digiscoping purposes. I predict much frustration if you pursue the method with this camera.
Sorry.
Regards,
Andy

You can always try. It's just an informed guess that the cp5700 will be useless for digiscoping, various factors about the lens indicate potential problems.
Still, no reason not to buy a fab scope like the ATS65, if you enjoy viewing birds you won't regret it.... perhaps buying a suitable camera (cp990/995/4500) in the future.
aNDY

Dear CB,

All may not be lost. Please read about the Eagle Eye Low power Digiscope eyepiec on my thread Oly Great above this thread. In part I say:
The Eagle Eye DS Eyepiece varies in power as I said: Remember the new eyepiece gives somewhere from 7x to 12x magnification, so you can afford to zoom up more. The 7-8x rating according to its literature would happen with "the latest 'micro' scope bodies" and 10-12 x would be the more traditional scopes (mine).
THIS EYEPIECE WAS DEVELOPED SPECIFICALLY TO MINIMIZE THE VIGNETTE PROBLEMS PREVELENT WITH LARGER DIAMETER LENSES LIKE THE cp5700'S. Let's see, my invoice says it cost just under UK 90. And the 37mm to scope-thread adapter ring it needs at UK 15. Then I had slight customs duty at USPO. It totally worked for my Sony camcorder with 37mm size lens, and I don't know what your Nikon lens dia is, but also the internal distance from the tube end matters, as Andy well explains elsewhere.
What, I'd do is not go out and buy this, throwing good money after bad, but keep asking around this forum and any you can find as to other 5700 owners results, unless the cost is totally undaunting to you. I think it'd help, but would it be enough to enjoy your results?? Steve B.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back