• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire And Wirral Birding: Hills, Lowland and Coast (1 Viewer)

Today - Caspian Gull, Glaucous Gull and Yellow-legged Gull at Richmond Bank; 10 Waxwings at Moreton plus 22 at Runcorn; 30 Bramblings at Woolston Eyes;

Yesterday - Marsh Harrier, Hen Harrier, Little Egret and 100+ Reed Buntings at Frodsham;

CB

Last edited:
Today - Great White Egret, 2 Avocets, Little Egret, 17 Whooper Swans, 4 Barnacle Goose and Marsh Harrier at Frodsham; Great White Egret at Burton Marsh; Caspian Gull, Glaucous Gull, 5 Iceland Gulls and 7 Yellow-legged Gulls at Richmond Bank; 75 Waxwings at Widnes plus 24 at Runcorn and 15 at Heswall;

CB

Driving back to chester from J18 M6 this morning, spotted about 12 waxwings just north of middlewich on the B5309, first I've seen since Christmas! Also the buzzard count for the rest of the journey back to Chester was 5.

only just found this site but had to tell someone lol i seen a peregrine floating round outside my house on the wirral my bet was one of last years youngsters made my year lol

Last edited:
Water pipit still showing at Neston sewage works this am. Feeding on the farthest bed but then flew really close for excellent views. Denhall lane mid-afternoon ; 2 each of hen harrier ( 1 male ) and merlin + large flock of pinkfeet got up towards Flint side of the estuary.

Egyptian Goose

Egyptian Goose briefly on the Cheshire side of the river Bollin opposite Dunham Massey park - 900yds up stream from the bridge near the Swan With Two Nicks at 2pm.

Belated news - Feb 22nd - 2 Eiders at Hilbre; escaped Red-breasted Goose at Redesmere;

Feb 23rd - Great White Egret at Burton plus another at Stoak; 2 Iceland Gulls, Glaucous Gull and 4 Yellow-legged Gulls at Richmond Bank; Smew and 2 Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers at Moore NR; 2 Avocets, Marsh Harrier, 4 Barnacle Geese, Stonechat and 8+ Bramblings at Frodsham; 26 Waxwings at Bebbington plus 15 at Widnes and 20 at Warrington; Jack Snipe at Gowy Meadows;

CB

Last edited:
Yesterday - Great White Egret at Burton; Firecrest at Moreton (an influx of Goldcrests was noted in the area); Water Pipit at Neston Sewage Works; 22 Waxwings at Heswall plus 13 at Bollington and 35 at Bebbington; Mediterranean Gull at Wallasey; 12 Whooper Swans at Frodsham; Spotted Redshank at Heswall shore; 2 Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers at Moore NR;

CB

Richmond Bank

An awful lot of gulls at Richmond Bank this morning but trust us to pick the first day in a while with bright sunshine - straight in the eyes !

Despite the difficult light Manchester Birder Nick Isherwood managed to locate the juvenile Glaucous gull - and a life tick. But try as we might, we couldn't find the Iceland or Yellow-legged gulls.

Yesterday – Great White Egret at Hale; Glaucous Gull at Richmond Bank; Smew and 2 Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers at Moore NR; 10 Waxwings at Lymm plus 56 at Winwick; 17 Purple Sandpipers at New Brighton ML; 20 Whooper Swans and Chiffchaff at Frodsham;

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back