• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nest by my door (1 Viewer)

sarliz

I love birds but know nothing about the outside variety. Needless to say, there's a family of birds in a nest on top of my outside light. There's no bulb in there, it's just an empty socket. The nest came in May sometime and about a week ago the babies hatched. One day before the babies came, I saw (perched on the side of the nest) what I believe was either an American Robin or a Wren. Not 100% sure though. Anyway, is it too late to set out something for them? Should I just leave them alone? I'm in an apartment and the stairwell is kind of close quarters with where my neighbor is. I'm afraid to disturb them too much, because I don't want to scare them away.

welcome to Birdforum - the best thing to do is to leave well alone, just go about as though they weren't there and they should get on just fine.

Hello there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Nick has given you the best advice. In a couple of weeks you'll hopefully be telling us how they fledged the nest safely ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back