• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optolyth Touring info required (1 Viewer)

Torview

Recently picked up an immaculate 10x40 pair of these.

I was mostly attracted to the fov which is very good for a 10x roof.

I`d be pleased to get any info or views on this one from those with current, past experience.

John.

Is this a roof? I jad a pair and although not phase coated gave a reasonable view.

Yes a roof, sorry should have clarified that. I`m quite intrigued by the fov, its very nearly the same as my 8x32SE, thats to say objects at the extreme left and right edge are just visible with the Touring.

Torview,
Optolyth has made 3 modles of Touring roof (Schmidt-Pechan) binoculars:
-1- 8x32 BGA 590 gr, FOV 135m/1000m, 12 lenses
-2- 10x40bga, 690 gr, FOV 115 m/1000m, 12 lenses
-3- 7x42 BGA, 820 gr, FOV 140m/1000m, 14 lenses.
The flyer I have does not say anything about phase correction coating, while it is explicitly mentioned for the Optolyth Royal roof prism binoculars with Abbe-König prisms.
Gijs

Thanks Gijs,

So the fov on the 10x40 I make around 6.5*, not bad for an older model, optically its a pleasant surprise, very usable still I feel.

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back