• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feisol VH40 video head (1 Viewer)

rb_stern

Richard stern
Hi,

This tripod head looks very attractive on paper (i.e. Feisol's web site). Does anyone have any real-life experience of using one, and if so, how is it?

Richard

No response yet Richard. I'm wondering about this head also and would like to see some hands-on assessment of it before I buy.

Hi,

I got one in the end - I don't like it as much as my Manfrotto HD701 video head, as the panning action is a bit looser and less smooth. Also, it fits the Arca-Swiss plate on the camera, which seems to work loose more than the Manfrotto QR plate does. However I do like the short handle and the light weight. So currently I'm using the HD701 on my Feisol tripod for scoping and digits coping, and mostly hand-holding for dSLR and long lens.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back