• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding day in Hungary (1 Viewer)

Hungarian birder

Today birding in Kiskunsag National Park, only one hour driving from Budapest: Great Bustard (60 birds!), Saker, White-tailed Eagle, Great Grey Shrike, Hen Harrier, Marsh Harrier, Bearded Tit, Penduline Tit, Little Owl, and a lots of others. Was a great day, with a great weather, and a great birds!

Sounds like a superb day. Have birded all over Poland and have been thinking of a winter trip to Hungary. Is Kiskunsag National Park accessible by public transport from the capital and what is the birding like between November and February?
Thnaks for any suggestions.
best regards,
Jono

Hi Jono,
Kiskunsag National Park is Ok for birding all over the year. The Great Bustards are there almost every time. So I can suggest it for you! If you have any question about this, please do not hesitate to write me! If you have a list about your target species, I will know the possibilities. Cheers, Laszlo

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back