• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera Land currently not listing any Pentax Binoculars (1 Viewer)

ceasar

Camera Land currently does not have any Pentax binoculars listed. They have a couple of Spotting Scopes listed and eye pieces for them and one monocular.

Eagle Optics still has a full listing of Pentax binoculars.

At Birdfair 18 months ago the Pentax stand became Ricoh instead with a new personnel and most of the binoculars got new Ricoh IDs. They were telling me about plans to reengineer the whole range and launch new Ricoh models. No sign of a stand last year, and I haven't noticed any further changes to the range in that time. Retailers don't seem to have much in the way of stock either. I don't know what's happened.

David

Below is the 2016 web site for Pentax binoculars, spotting scopes and accessories. It is a Ricoh-Imaging site.

The binoculars look the same but have been given new designations. Note the "Z" series; "S" series; "U" series and "A" series. The popular 8x32 seems to have been dropped.

There are 5 spotting scopes. 2 (100mm and 85mm) are designated ED. The angled ones also have versions of ED with different designations. Rather confusing.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/binoculars/

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back