• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phylogeny of birds (1 Viewer)

Peter Kovalik

Slovakia
John E. McCormack, Michael G. Harvey, Brant C. Faircloth, Nicholas G. Crawford, Travis C. Glenn, Robb T. Brumfield, 2012. A phylogeny of birds based on over 1,500 loci collected by target enrichment and high-throughput sequencing.
Abstract
PDF

"The latest of these, “A phylogeny of birds based on over 1,500 loci collected by target enrichment and high-throughput sequencing” by John E. McCormack et al., isn’t even officially published yet, but its authors made it available this month on a manuscript server called arXiv (a practice which, by the way, is still regarded with some uncertainty but appears to be gaining popularity)."

I was not familiar with arXiv but this manuscript must be accepted for publication I reckon. Systematic Biology or something?

Forthcoming

In press...
  • Jarvis et al. Whole genome analyses resolve the early branches to the Tree of Life of modern birds. Science.

• Zhang et al. Comparative genomics reveals insights into avian genome evolution and adaptation. Science.

From the perspective in Science: "At BGI, the genomes of about 200 more birds are done and waiting to be analyzed, with thousands more planned." Pretty cool.

From the perspective in Science: "At BGI, the genomes of about 200 more birds are done and waiting to be analyzed, with thousands more planned." Pretty cool.
its actually 10000 birds genome project. in incoming years they will sequence whole genome of all living species of birds and put it available to all public and scientist all around globe. by the way regards from serbia, I was on your presentation few years ago :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back