• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iphone 5s Adapter For a Nikon ED82 30xDS Eyepiece. (1 Viewer)

Simmo1111

Hi everyone.
I'm just wondering if anyone out there is using this setup and if so, which adapter you are using for it? There is a post from April 2016 on here which gives me half an idea but I was wondering if there have been any more versions released which I'm not aware of. Another option I guess would be to make one but is there a 'critical distance' between the camera phone lens and the eyepiece in order to get the correct view or do you just in effect stick them both together and alter the view by zooming in/out on the phone screen. I'm new to this phonescoping stuff and up to now have only tried holding my phone up to the eyepiece with varying success. It appeared that if I didn't get the distance right between the phone and the eyepiece, I struggled to see through the scope.

Thanks very much.

Not quite the same but I use a iPhone 6 on a Nikon 30ds eyepiece.
I have the phone Skope kit which works fine.
Think it was c£60 all in for the phone holder and adaptor.
Really helpful people to deal with as well.

Not quite the same but I use a iPhone 6 on a Nikon 30ds eyepiece.
I have the phone Skope kit which works fine.
Think it was c£60 all in for the phone holder and adaptor.
Really helpful people to deal with as well.

Nice one thanks John,

I'll take a look to see what I need.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back