• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sassi / sassii and Sassius (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

There is no doubt to whom sassi / sassii and/or Sassius are dedicated. The key is correct with Moritz Sassi (1880-1967). the question is only if Moriz Sassi or in his obituary would be the correct spelling of his fist name. If I look at the signature in the obituary I think no t (but even in the text of the obituary he was spelled as Moritz but not in the title). I know we can find him often with t.

In the context of the obituary I am wondering how The Eponym Dictionary of Birds came to Alfred Louis Laubmann. But it may correct. See here.

Last edited:
Also note that there doesn´t seem to be any t at all, in the (very Artistic) signature below the Photo (on p.7), in the Obituary by Keve & Rokitansky 1969 (Wien, Vienna), Martin's second link ... presumably witten by Moriz Sassi himself.

--

Last edited:
Also note that there doesn´t seem to be any t at all, in the (very Artistic) signature below the Photo (on p.7), in the Obituary by Keve & Rokitansky 1969 (Wien, Vienna), Martin's second link... presumably witten by Moriz Sassi himself.

You cannot see half the letters in my signature ;)

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back