• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello From the Falklands (1 Viewer)

Alan henry

Australia
Hello from the Falkland Islands

Ex Twitcher with Varied Thrush, "Green Warbler" before the lump,
Black & Yellow Billed Cuckoo same day to name a few.

I was at THE SEAWATCH at St Ives "Wilsons from the beach" Flocks of Sabines Gulls

Been here 18 years now found shed loads of vagrants for the Falklands

Hi Alan and welcome to Birdforum from the Moderators and Staff.
You may well be our first Member from the Falklands,look forward to hearing about the birding down there.

Hi Alan, a warm welcome to Birdforum from all the staff here. We hope you share some of your birding experiences from down there in the south atlantic with all the members... I'm sure your contributions will be avidly read.
Regards,
Andy

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Birdforum, It's good to have someone from your locality :--)

I hope you have plenty of Penguins to post to keep me happy, was it right that they were supposed to fall over watching the planes fly over? (The Sun Newspaper came up with that one).

We all look forward to your reports of life down there.

Marmot said:
......was it right that they were supposed to fall over watching the planes fly over?.......

Hahaha :D

I was wondering who would be the first to ask that! But then I thought that everyone would've heard that it was a hoax!

Wasn't you that started that rumour was it Alan? ;)

Last edited:
Marmot said:
Hi Alan,

Welcome to Birdforum, It's good to have someone from your locality :--)

I hope you have plenty of Penguins to post to keep me happy, was it right that they were supposed to fall over watching the planes fly over? (The Sun Newspaper came up with that one).

We all look forward to your reports of life down there.

No they just panick and leave there eggs and young unguarded for the Skuas to eat

Hello, from Missouri in the States. I to am looking forward to your posts. It is great to have a new area of the globe "checking in". I am still looking for a Black-billed Cuckoo for this year's list for Missouri. We have Yellow-billed Cuckoos all over the place.

And Welcome!

Welcome Alan,

Please post some pictures of the Penguins (I first saw them on a Ground Force programme on the BBC) and often wonder how they are doing. On the programme there was a student living in a caravan monitoring tourist access, is there still anyone there? looked a lonely windy existence.

Beware these boards are addictive.

Ann Chaplin

Alan henry said:
Hello from the Falkland Islands

Ex Twitcher with Varied Thrush, "Green Warbler" before the lump,
Black & Yellow Billed Cuckoo same day to name a few.

I was at THE SEAWATCH at St Ives "Wilsons from the beach" Flocks of Sabines Gulls

Been here 18 years now found shed loads of vagrants for the Falklands
Hello Alan,
Welcome to this varied group of like minded (!?) birders.
Ever since a pal of mine visited the islands to construct pre-fabricated houses after the invasion was over, I have longed to visit. (I keep doing the lottery each week):-C

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back