• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there a place to sell secondhand binoculars at this forum? (1 Viewer)

AJP

I just wondered--I don't see any sub-forums, and I can see where that could become problematic with brand reps trying to push their products. But I wanted to check before I have to resort to Craigslist or eBay (ugh.)

Hi AJP

Yes we have a "classified" section for selling, buying and wanted. Here's a link to the For Sale section

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=649

Make sure you read the two stickys posted on top of that forum.

You can also find the Classified section by clicking on the Forum tab at the top of the page and then scrolling down to the Classifieds which can be found under the Photography, Digiscoping, Art & Equipment section. Good luck :t:

Yes, there is a classifieds section. It is a couple of forums down from this one the last time I checked.

KC,

I would like to make a suggestion. Someone looking for binoculars or a spotting scope has to wade through dozens of camera equipment ads to find one. Probably not ideal for the seller either. Ditto if the wind is blowing the other way and there are more sports optics for sale than cameras.

I suggest that BF make four classifieds subforums (1) cameras and equipment, (2) binoculars, (3) spotting scopes, and (4) miscellaneous - books, birding software, etc.

If you look at Cloudy Nights forums (also free), their classifieds have 20 different sections: Easier to find what you're looking for and easier to sell your item.

Cloudy Nights Classifieds

Brock

Good news, we're likely to be separating the for sale forum into two forums, so we will have 'For Sale - Birding Items', and 'For Sale - Photographic Items'.
cheers,
Andy
BF Admin

The for sale forum has now been separated into 2 ... There's probably some old birding related item threads left in the photography items forum (which was the original for sale forum) . Interestingly it was about 50/50 birding item vs photographic item threads

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back