Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 23rd October 2017, 12:48   #26
pandachris

Hi Conor

There are many people on birdforum with much more knowledge about the region than me but I'll be happy to help. I'm just taking a delicious break (smoked eel, duck carpaccio) from a long days birding on the Ebro Delta (my 3rd ever Bluethroat is bird of the day so far) with a late flight tonight. I'll hopefully find some time over the next few days.
Old Wednesday 1st November 2017, 03:55   #27
HeadWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandachris View Post
Hi Conor

There are many people on birdforum with much more knowledge about the region than me but I'll be happy to help. I'm just taking a delicious break (smoked eel, duck carpaccio) from a long days birding on the Ebro Delta (my 3rd ever Bluethroat is bird of the day so far) with a late flight tonight. I'll hopefully find some time over the next few days.
That sounds great. How was the Erbo Delta?
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 07:47   #28
mjh73

Following!

Off to Ebro next June hopefully, 3 day tour of Spain booked in

BF Supporter 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 14th November 2017, 23:24   #29
pandachris

The Ebro was superb. My best day's birding in the 2nd half of 2017. I've been there quite often over the last 5 years but there seemed to be more individual birds there than on previous visits. Thousands of Glossy Ibis, thousands of heron from several species, lots of flamingos, numerous harriers, 4 Ospreys, about 20 Kingfishers, plenty of waders and evidence of migration still going on. The Bluethroat was my personal highlight, but it was really the overall quality of the birding that is making me want to extend our visit to Tarragona next October by a night, to have a couple of days on the delta.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: