• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Victory 10x42 vs HT 10x42 (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

I've been searching all over to find a good comparison between the the FLT and HT. Nothing on albinos and I searched 10 pages on this forum. Maybe I'm missing it bc it seems odd not to find a great deal of comparisons but mostly sf vs ht.

Anyway, see a few eBay listings of the FLT and HT, used, for appx 1200-1500$. Would love your opinion on how they compare from someone who was able to do side by sides. The SV is just too expensive but I can make one of these flt or ht work with the budget

Thx formal the help

Last edited:
I was told the sf,s are the ones I need to focus on as the fl and ht series are inferior. Seems surprising to me given all the reviews on the fl,s

All 3 of the binoculars you have mentioned are very good, and you will find
any of these to be at the top tier of binoculars. I have either owned or handled
all of these models.

It is hard to compare binoculars from just internet posts. You do have to try some of
these out before you can make your decision.

Also comparing new vs. used prices, of course there are some differences.

Good luck in your search.

Jerry

All 3 of the binoculars you have mentioned are very good, and you will find
any of these to be at the top tier of binoculars. I have either owned or handled
all of these models.

It is hard to compare binoculars from just internet posts. You do have to try some of
these out before you can make your decision.

Also comparing new vs. used prices, of course there are some differences.

Good luck in your search.

Jerry

Well said, Jerry. If I just relied on internet posts, I would only own the Bluesky!;)

I've been searching all over to find a good comparison between the the FLT and HT. Nothing on albinos and I searched 10 pages on this forum. Maybe I'm missing it bc it seems odd not to find a great deal of comparisons but mostly sf vs ht.

Anyway, see a few eBay listings of the FLT and HT, used, for appx 1200-1500$. Would love your opinion on how they compare from someone who was able to do side by sides. The SV is just too expensive but I can make one of these flt or ht work with the budget

Thx formal the help

comparison between HT 8x42 and FL (7x42 and 8x42):

http://www.houseofoutdoor.com/testrapporten/Test_Zeiss_Victory_HT.pdf

Honestly after comparing the HT and FL, I couldn't notice much difference in their optics, just in the ergonomics - I liked the slightly lighter, stockier FLs because I have large hands. The FL may have more edge distortion but given that the 7x has a very wide FoV, I don't really notice it.

With an FL 8x42 in one hand and HT 8x42 in the other and gazing across our valley at the roofs of houses there, it was very very clear to me that the red roofs were redder through the HT. I don't think I would have noticed the difference if I hadn't been swapping from one to the other but doing so the difference was clear to my eyes. Colour perception can of course be different from person to person, but I would say that HT took the FL concept one step further.

But certainly the best step forward is the handling of HT. Once again this is a personal observation and may not be shared by everyone.

Lee

Thanks. I am going to buy one or the other. Probably the fl given used price point. Cant make myself step up to the swaro 10x50 as much as i like them

Note:I contacted the OP Mr.Tealboy for permission, prior to addressing this in his thread. I certainly hope it's not opening the floodgates to childish meanderings from non-Zeiss fans.[/QUOTE]

I must missed our conversation here.

Regarding my desires, I think I know what I want, the price, size and weight of the vortex 10x50 with the performance of the zeiss HT or SF but it doesn't work that way. I posted in the wanted section now that I have narrowed it down to the 10x42 FLT or HT. I like the SF but pricey. Also like the swaro 10x50 but they are large and heavy, plus pricey. I think I can be very happy w the FLT or ht. I have my conquest 10x40 sold subject to finding a replacement.

Note:I contacted the OP Mr.Tealboy for permission, prior to addressing this in his thread. I certainly hope it's not opening the floodgates to childish meanderings from non-Zeiss fans.
I must missed our conversation here.

Regarding my desires, I think I know what I want, the price, size and weight of the vortex 10x50 with the performance of the zeiss HT or SF but it doesn't work that way. I posted in the wanted section now that I have narrowed it down to the 10x42 FLT or HT. I like the SF but pricey. Also like the swaro 10x50 but they are large and heavy, plus pricey. I think I can be very happy w the FLT or ht. I have my conquest 10x40 sold subject to finding a replacement.

My deepest apologies, I've entered the wrong thread :eek!:...So very sorry for my intrusion, geeze I need new eye glasses too maybe ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back