• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inexpensive hide clamp needed (1 Viewer)

Astrokev

Hi All,

I'm looking for a no-frills clamp to mount in a photo-hide to hold my DSLR/zoom. Please could anyone suggest what I might go for?

I'm based in the UK if this helps narrow the options.

Many thanks

I've got an Opticron 42704 tripod with a sliding centre column which is removable. I purchased the matching BC-2 clamp for about £29 which accepts the centre column and together they make an excellent hide clamp with a good head. The two items are available together as the BC-2 hide clamp for about £55.

Ron

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a no-frills clamp to mount in a photo-hide to hold my DSLR/zoom. Please could anyone suggest what I might go for?

I'm based in the UK if this helps narrow the options.

Many thanks

Hi Astrokev,
if you already own a removable-column tripod with any head, this solution might be interesting because it avoids you buying a new head/quick release plates etc .. it's the Manfrotto 349 column clamp (ca. 37£), it works with 055 and 190 tripod series (and others with a 25 to 28mm diameter columns) ...

Cheers,

Max

Attachments

• 349.jpg
    349.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back