• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

Just had the pleasure of a weekend birding at various sights in Norfolk and Suffolk, with a friend who lives down there. The trip produced 5 "Lifers" for me:

Parrot Crossbill (flock of 18) - Waveney Forest
Common Crane (2) - Lakenheath
Velvet Scoter - Holkham
Rough Legged Buzzard - Holkham
Smew - Minsmere

All in all a fantastic trip.

An Iceland Gull that flew close offshore past Portland Bill this morning. A good way to celebrate my first birding outing of 2014!

Varied Bunting at Encanto Park in Duarte this morning.

Present since at least 3/26 (but probably before), if this bird is accepted as wild by our state records committee, it will only be the 4th such record in California. Based on the apparently pristine feather condition and its status as a member of the Arizona subspecies (the likely source of any vagrant here), I see no reason why it shouldn't be, but its "official" designation remains to be seen.

The red-necked grebe that's stopped off at Farmoor Reservoir. Summer plumage, too. A good candidate for my favourite bird of the year so far.

Also this weekend I finally added hooded crow to my UK list, having seen loads in Italy years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back