• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great morning near the river Skeel (1 Viewer)

eagle golden

Last Sunday we decided to go through to Ripon to have a look to see if the Dippers were back from their wintering grounds, we parked near the Cathedral and walked along the side of the small river, had both Grey & Pied Wagtails within a short distance, got to the pub the "Water Rat" no sign of the Dippers, so went on a bit further, came across a wood pigeon sat on eggs in amongst the ivy, then believe it or not a Robin with a beak full of insects feeding young, as we started back, my wife spotted a bird the other side, yes it was a dipper, busily feeding under water, we followed it back upstream, when I suddenly realised it had a mate, we watched them for over 1/2 an hour, when they suddenly flew off, returning a few minutes later with beak fulls of nesting material, we then stood and watched them back and forth, for a while, then walked on a bit further, only to spot a tree creeper climbing a birch tree, but stopping now and again to sing, I have never heard them sing before, it was a morning we will remember for a long time.

Attachments

• creeper singing.jpg
    creeper singing.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 59
  • dipper to print.jpg
    dipper to print.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 55
  • pr dippers fly resize.jpg
    pr dippers fly resize.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 58
  • woody resize.jpg
    woody resize.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 54
  • robin with food.jpg
    robin with food.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 49
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back