• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bluecheeked bee-eaters for DB (1 Viewer)

Thanks Marmot, what a great photo taken by Abdullah in Kuwait (though it is in Birds of Britain & Europe?).

I'd put 'bluecheeked' and 'bee-eater' separately in the Search field, Birdforum Birds Database, then clicked Go.

Message returned each time was:

No matching birds found..

Then look under 'B' alphabetically and couldn't find it there either!

Still learning...

Mike

Yes Kuwaity does take some amazing photos, we have ones from the Middle East in the Britain and Europe as there is no section for them unless they put them under Birds of Africa. Personally I think it would be easier for the photographers we have from the Countries in the Middle East if we did have a section for these.

Dont worry I have problems galore trying to find bee-eaters in the database, I am always thankful when the photographer has put the scientific name.

Thank you for that Rasmus.

I have now replaced it in the database, even though Kuwaitys (head) picture is superb, Mikes photo gives an overall study of the bird for ID purpose.

Mike your pictures are very good as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back