• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Bald Eagle (1 Viewer)

swankyspoon

Today I went out to one of my usual birding sites. It was pretty uneventful. I was looking at a House Finch, learning to distinguish it from a Purple Finch. Then I looked up and saw an adult Bald Eagle (Lifer!) soar fairly close overhead. It was unmistakable with the white head and white tail feathers. It soared near some Turkey Vultures for a few minutes a way's away then disappeared. .

I have only been birding for about two months, so I'm easily impressed, but this guy was breathtaking. Gave me a shiver.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back