• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What birds am i likely to see? (1 Viewer)

phil foot

Hi there,
I'm visiting Falmouth in mid August, and would like to know if i'm likely to see any Choughs. Also are there any Gannets or Cormorants in that area. I would love to see Dolphins or Whales too.
Thanks
Phil foot.

Hi there,
I'm visiting Falmouth in mid August, and would like to know if i'm likely to see any Choughs. Also are there any Gannets or Cormorants in that area. I would love to see Dolphins or Whales too.
Thanks
Phil foot.

Hi Phil,
For Choughs you will almost certainly need to go to the Lizard, a walk from the lighthouse to Kynance Cove should turn some up. Gannets and Cormorants should be straight forward from Pendennis, but dolphins and especially whales are a bit more erratic and you will need a bit of luck. Taking a fishing boat trip might improve your chances? Hopefully some of the locals will chip in and help.
Good luck.
Dave
PS Don't forget to send your bird records in to the Daily Bird Sightings!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back