• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wilderness Walks with Ray Mears (1 Viewer)

He's an interesting presenter (meets my "evening in the pub" criterion) and knows a lot about tracks and signs, so might be quite good.

John

I missed the first 4 programmes - where were they from? I enjoyhus series and he can visit some areas which are quite different. He appears to be an all rounder.

Luv Ray Mears, these programs were good BUT being on ITV they were way too short. A 30 minute program turned into 20 minutes after all the ad breaks, and the result was unfortunately very condensed and selective in what they showed. 20 minutes on the Isle of Skye, or Snowdonia? Should have been an hour long!

Another of my gripes was that they were shown irregularly, several weeks sometimes went by between each episode, partly due to live football.

Reckon Ray should move to the Beeb!

I Think I watched 5 and 6 which were the Lakes and Sky. I have obviously missed Snowdon. Where were the other three from?

I like his all round knowledge as well. You only get to realise how short a 30 minute programme is on ITV Player.

I watched it on ITVplayer H. Not sure if there are a few more on there?

Rich

Luv Ray Mears, these programs were good BUT being on ITV they were way too short. A 30 minute program turned into 20 minutes after all the ad breaks, and the result was unfortunately very condensed and selective in what they showed. 20 minutes on the Isle of Skye, or Snowdonia? Should have been an hour long!

Another of my gripes was that they were shown irregularly, several weeks sometimes went by between each episode, partly due to live football.

Reckon Ray should move to the Beeb!

They might be shorter but you can say that there's very little padding in his programmes, they cover a lot of ground in a short space of time, watch something on Discovery and Nat Geo - an hour long but only really fifteen minutes of content after they tell you what's coming up, what you just watched two minutes ago and about 20-25 minutes of adverts.

I think the first one was Dartmoor, and then I missed a couple!

They might be shorter but you can say that there's very little padding in his programmes,

Yep, theres no time for padding in a 20 min program!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back