• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 500mm f4.5 (Nikon mount) (1 Viewer)

wengchun

Registered Member
Have acquired a used Sigma 500mm f4.5 for months but only started to use it more often in the field recently. I have tried using a 1.4x Kenko TC but I felt it is better to use it without TC when attached to a D7000. I have also tried this with a V1.

Here are some results while I posted more photos on a blog at http://sigma500mmf45.blogspot.com

Attachments

• BrownShrike07.jpg
    BrownShrike07.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 191
  • LongtailedShrike01.jpg
    LongtailedShrike01.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 155
  • CattleEgret02.jpg
    CattleEgret02.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 158
  • ChestnutheadedBeeeater01.jpg
    ChestnutheadedBeeeater01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 154
Have acquired a used Sigma 500mm f4.5 for months but only started to use it more often in the field recently. I have tried using a 1.4x Kenko TC but I felt it is better to use it without TC when attached to a D7000. I have also tried this with a V1.

Here are some results while I posted more photos on a blog at http://sigma500mmf45.blogspot.com

Hi! Did you buy the DG or Non DG version? How the lens is at f4.5 soft or it's fine?

Did you test it for micro focus adjustement?

I'm looking for this lens used but I don't find info.

Hi! Did you buy the DG or Non DG version? How the lens is at f4.5 soft or it's fine?

Did you test it for micro focus adjustement?

I'm looking for this lens used but I don't find info.

This is a DG version. overall, a good lens. Now I am shooting using f4.5 - f11
No, I did not test for micro focus adjustment.

I think there are some members selling Sigma 500mm f4.5, did you check the classified section?

Last edited:
This Rufous-collared Kingfisher was shot with a Nikon V1 without ant TC (Left) and the one on the right is shot with D7000 without any TC.

Attachments

• RufouscollaredKingfisher02.jpg
    RufouscollaredKingfisher02.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 174
  • RufouscollaredKingfisher04.jpg
    RufouscollaredKingfisher04.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back