• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raw Therapee (1 Viewer)

john-henry

I know a few people use this converter and think highly of it so I've downloaded version 2.4.1 to give it a go (not very impressed with DPP) but it doesn't seem to support 7d files, anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yep,

either:
  • convert your 7D files to DNG; or
  • download the release 3 alpha.
I've been destruction-testing various incarnations of r3 alpha for a good while now, and with the caveats that it's obviously an alpha release (there's a new version every day or two, as the devs add, remove, tweak or otherwise fettle the myriad brilliant - and often unique - bits of functionality), and that it can take longer than might be ideal to process each file - they're working on that - the results are excellent.

Be aware too that some builds can be a bit unstable on some machines.

There's a lot going on in RT 3 - it provides a truly daunting set of options (there are no less than nine different noise reduction tools for example, including a gem of a "line noise" filter which does a great job if your 7D is prone to low ISO banding) - and eight different demosaicing algorithms, so it's a bit intimidating.

Worth putting the effort into though, if you're so inclined. I am: once the devs decide on the date of the feature freeze so that they can then release a stable beta version, I'll be writing some of the user guides for the project, so I'll hopefully be able to help if you have any questions.

I'd suggest you start by giving this build a try - it's been pretty stable on my Win 7 machine, and has the latest feature set.

Many thanks for your info Keith.

I don't think I'm ready for RT3 yet but I'll certainly keep an eye on their website and give it a try when a stable version is announced.
It will also be very useful to know there is someone who is familiar with and understands the workings of these programs to call on for help.

Thanks again.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back