• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Considering Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

VernH13

Hi guys I`m struggling with the camera I have, Fuji s1800, can`t figure out how to use all the settings, so I thought digiscoping might be the way to go. I`m on a very strict budget, maybe $400 canadian. I know I will have to go used with the camera and scope. I was wondering if you would have any suggestions on which equipment I should get, if it is at all possible. Cheers Vern

Hi guys I`m struggling with the camera I have, Fuji s1800, can`t figure out how to use all the settings, so I thought digiscoping might be the way to go. I`m on a very strict budget, maybe $400 canadian. I know I will have to go used with the camera and scope. I was wondering if you would have any suggestions on which equipment I should get, if it is at all possible. Cheers Vern

Vern, your camera has 18x optical zoom and perceived wisdom is that a lens with more than 4x optical zoom will probably not work for digiscoping. There may be a combination of that camera/a scope/and some sort of adaptor that may work but probably will not. The best solution is to take your camera to a store that sells scopes and hand hold it to the eye piece and see if it can produce an image.

The fact that there is no discussion about this camera or similar models in here does make me think that it may not be very useable. The driver will be the scope, read here and see what combinations work well, then see where you can buy them at a 'reasonable' price. Good luck :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back