• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Dust' Under the front glass - Sigma 17-50 2.8 (1 Viewer)

Creepy Nick

I've got some (what looks like a clump of dust) under the glass.

DSC_0034.jpg

It's right in the centre of the lens, which cans sometimes be apparent in pictures.

I'd rather not send the lens off for 3 weeks, and I've been quoted £100 to get it sorted by a local camera shop.

How would I go about cleaning this lens by myself? whats the risks?

I've seen posts on how to do it on cannon lenses, but not this sigma!

Stripping the lens down is pretty straight forward, problems arise from dust particles in the air getting into or onto the glass once stripped out. I always strip lenses in the bathroom, seems to be the room with the least dust particles in the air.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back