• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dust insight new binocular (1 Viewer)

hr21

Hi all,

Just got a pentax up 8x25 wp and inside it I can see a small spec of dust. They only cost £66 but wondering if I should get them replaced or not.

If you cannot see it when looking through the binocular, and if the binocular is otherwise working well I'd keep it.

If the dust is on the front lens of an eyepiece and you can see it, you may want to change it.

What might be the best way to check for the dust visibility? (white wall in bright room?)

Seems fine, compared to another pair I have (which are dust free) and optics are the same. Can't get a new pair till next week so I'll give them a tour at the weekend in Snettisham RSPB.

Thanks for the help again Binastro.

If dust is not visible against the sky, I don't think there is a problem.

I use Hama microfibre cloths in the grey tubs and Baader Optical Wonder fluid with Kleenex for Men white lint free tissues. Just a little sprayed on tissue.

Clean as little as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back